Sunday, June 7, 2009

Amazing!

This weekend we went to Blue Diamond, NV. Shaylee and Trey Competed in a triathlon and Cole did the fun run. I was so impressed with my kids. Shaylee got 3rd (only 2 minutes behind first, and brought home a trophy). Trey got 9th (only 4 minutes behind first; there was only 30 kids his age). Cole and I did the fun run and came in 5th. He had a friend doing it with him that he kept stopping and waiting for him. If you asked him why he stopped he would say "He is my teammate and I don't leave a man behind." Over all they did great for their first time. It was such an amazing experience for the whole family. Cheering each other on, and relaxing for a couple of days was nice.
Warning a ton of pictures.......
I was so impressed with how well it was organized and put together. The night before you pick up your packet. They have a big kick off party that you get to go preview the course, and the athletes and their families carb up. Spaghetti dinner! This is a picture of all the kids in the group we were going with.

Waiting in line for the bike check. They check all the bikes to make sure the brakes work, and the tires have enough air.

Kailin was the #1 cheering section. It was so cold, but she was a trooper.


This is transition. They put all the stuff they need for all the different events so when they are switching from swim to run they have shoes etc....


Shaylee waiting to get into the ice cold pool. No, it was not heated.


Cole finishing the fun run! It is a 1/2 mile run. He was awesome!

Cole and I showing off his medal! Way to go buddy!


Shaylee in transition.

Trey in transition. Getting ready for the bike race.

Trey biking. I guess BMX bikes are not the way to go. We had no idea. He still did a great job!

Trey running the last stretch.


Overall it was a great time. They did the sprint. It is swimming 50 yards, biking 2 miles, and running 1/2 mile. My kids have been training. Since we don't have a pool they practiced swimming, biking and running, but never together. Good job guys!

12 comments:

keri said...

way to go Johnson kids. Jaxton did one of these a couple of years ago in st. george, he had a blast. looks like you guys did to

Kimi said...

That is awesome. Way to go little Johnsons :)

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Well, I am impressed!
I think your little family is just the cutest!!

Colony's Cakes said...

Good job you guys! I am way impressed! Congrats on your medals!

Trista said...

That is so great! What a great family activity. From the looks of their faces they all had a great time. What great family memories. Im still watching you! Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Trista

Kendra said...

What a worthwhile thing for your kids to do. And who is that skinny girl next to them!

Bonita said...

WAY TO GO GUYS! That is somthing that they will NEVER forget! What great memories!!

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

This was great to read over and see the pictures. Wish there were more. Thanks for sharing.

Megan said...

Now the challenge is for you and Shane to do one...it is only 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride and 3 mile run... You can do it... CONGRATULATIONS Shaylee, Trey and Cole, that is wayyyyy awesome...

rayndrop said...

that is so cool. i love what your little boy said. it made me smile.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! Way to go you guys!

Raelene said...

Thats so great that your kids are so into sports! Congrats to Trey, Shaylee, and Cole!!