Shaylee's birthday was in June. She got something like $80.00 to spend. I took her to the mall and other stores trying to find the right thing to spend her money on. She would find things and then decide she didn't want them that bad because it was coming out of her own money. So I (and I talked Shane into it too) decided to do a new chore chart for the summer. I would pay them at the end of every week for the things they had done. At the end of the summer the older 2 would have to buy their own school clothes. At first Shaylee thought it was great she had money to go to the movies with friends, go swimming, and just blow on candy. Trey my saver started a list of all the things that he would need to go back to school. He even started buying a few things here and there. The difference between these 2 are night and day.
So last Friday I paid them again and took them school shopping. Trey bought shirts, shoes, socks, and still has money leftover. Shaylee had very little money to burn, and bought some shorts for $44.00. Yes, it killed me to watch her spend that on one pair of shorts, but it was her money. She got some plain t-shirts at DI and that was it for her.
I was feeling bad for her and her clothes. So I told her I would help make the plain t-shirts not look so plain. I got the idea from a shirt Summer Johnson wears and I love. I think they turned out ok. Plain Shirt

8 comments:
I love the shirts!!!!!!! Did you paint them or if it fabric. Share please I want to make some.
I want a green one! :)
Very very cute!! I love that shirt that Summer wears too! I think it turned out awesome! Way to dress up a plain old shirt!
Way cute! We should do it for a craft night.
Seriously, you rock! You are so creative! When I start having kids, can I take lessons on how to be as cool as you? Seriously. Not kidding here!
So so so cute!!! Directions please! :-D
Ha! I totally remember watching my mom cringe when I would blow my mom on one ridiculous item! Memories! You did a great job dressing up the tees though, Super Mom!
So cute! I love them! I'm with Meridy... CRAFT NIGHT!!
Post a Comment