Every Monday for three weeks I have made homemade bread. My family loves it and a lot of people have asked for the recipe. Here it is:
Country White Bread
2 pkgs yeast (1 1/2 Tlbs)
2 cups warm water
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tlb salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 1/2 cups flour
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside. In mixing bowl add sugar, salt, eggs, and oil. combine the yeast mixture into bowl. Add flour. Knead. Let rise in oiled bowl, turning once to coat top, for one hour. Divide into two, add to loaf pan and let rise for 1 hour. Bake at 375* for 25- 30 min.
***tip***Before you let it rise the second time roll out and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. It makes the best cinnamon swirl bread. Hope you all enjoy!
Elder Calvin Hough, 10.27.26--week 3
21 hours ago

1 comment:
This sounds SO good! Especially with the Cinnamon and Sugar! I'm going to write it down and someday when I feel up to trying to bake bread, I'll give it a shot!
Post a Comment