Friday, July 10, 2009

Playing catch up....

I am back! I have had my good friend Shelley and her 5 kids staying with me for the past week. Yes, it was crazy, but she was a good sport. We stayed up late every night and then had to get up early with the kids. Now we are both headed back to normal lives.lol I thought I would give you a few highlights of the last week.
We headed up to Sheep's Bridge on Thursday morning. We swam and had a good time.



Friday we hung out at the house mostly playing games. Then when the kids got too bored we took them to my brothers indoor pool. This is were Cole who normally doesn't like water started diving in and having a blast!

Saturday was the 4th of July. We went back to Sheep's Bridge with Shane's family for most of the day and then on to fireworks at his mom's house. I love spending the 4th with them. This is Audrey and Isiah (I probably spelled that wrong) He is such a happy baby.

Trey and most of the guys hung out down by the cliffs. He couldn't get enough jumping.




Sam trying to float down the river. When he hit the rapids over he went. I think you need a bigger tube Sam.

The adult hang out. This is were Joe lost a lot of money! Alex swallowed a tadpole for $5. Victor did it for free. When I said it wasn't that bad. Joe said I want to see you do it. So anyone who knows me knows I can not back down from a challenge. So I said I would do it for $5. Yes, I ate a tadpole for $5. Mainly to see Joe squirm. It worked!

Moses drying in the sun.

Brynlee was soo very tired. She came and sat by me in the waterfall. Where she fell asleep. It was priceless!

We headed over to eat Navajo tacos and candy bar cake(Thanks to Natalie I gained this week) Then outside for fireworks!





Since we all got fried on the 4th. We spent Sunday and Monday resting! Ashley played beauty shop and painted all the little girls nails. Brynlee however started earlier when she thought it was fun to wear makeup on her pretty eyes like Ashley. I am sure Ashley was not thrilled she got into her makeup. Sorry Ashley!



This is my brother Brigham. Yes, he is wearing MY apron and doing MY dishes. I had the missionaries come to dinner on Monday night and we needed a guy since Shane was working. Brigham was a good sport to come hangout. Mom you should be well pleased with your son. He even did the clean up. Thanks Brigham.

On Tuesday we went hiking down to Confluence Park. It was so fun! Cole even swung out on the rope swing. Some of us made trains to go down the waterfalls. The others just played in the water. It was fun to relax.




After the hike out we got snow cones at "The Big Chill" It is my new favorite place.

Wednesday we hiked up Johnson's Water Cayon. It is a 5 mile hike round trip. It was fun, but I forgot how steep the up hill part was. Thanks to all the kids who helped haul Kailin and Brynlee.





That night we hurried back to go to the last session of the temple and then help clean it. That was a fun experience! We got home at 12:45pm and that is when Shelley started laundry. She was heading out in the morning and wanted everything clean.
We hope they will come back next year. At least no one went home with a broken arm like last year.

9 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Oh my goodness, you guys must have had a fantastic time.You are making lots of fun memories.
We sure miss those little kids in our ward.

keri said...

Holy cows you guys were busy. I love the picture of you and your kids at Sheeps Bridge. Sorry that is just gross with the pollywogs. Any time you want to make a skirt let me know.

Hopie said...

LOVE the pictures!!!! Sounds like a blast!!!

Kimi said...

Talk about a busy week. Makes me tired just reading it!! Sounds like you guys had a great time though

Ana said...

sounds like you guys were go go go! fun!

Alisha said...

It must be nice to be back to normal!! I know I enjoy it. It does seem a lot quieter when company is gone. Not always a good thing though. Talk to you soon.

Lisa said...

How fun! It looks like you've had a fun summer so far! I wish we had places like that to go to here. I miss that about Utah. It's the only thing, besides family & friends, that I miss though. LOL It's so nice to be able to look at friends' blogs & see what they're up to. I feel like I'm snooping! Good to see you & your family.

Cotter said...

i am impressed you are brave enough to eat a tadpole. i would throw up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have been busy, but it looks like it was so much fun! I hope it's nicer weather than here, looks like it's hot though with all the swimming you guys did. Your kiddos are getting so big and man are they so cute!