Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Feeling Spoiled...

So today I came home from Cole's teacher conference and there were these beautiful flowers waiting for me. My first thought was to kill my husband for spending so much money when payday isn't until Friday. Well, I instantly felt bad for thinking such things when I read the card and they were from my wonderful friend Alisha. We were on the phone the other day and I saw an advertisement for a vase full of tulips for Mother's Day. I told her I should order myself some. LOL Then she had these tulips in my favorite color sent to me instead. Thanks Alisha!

When I called to thank Alisha I was telling her how good they made my table look, and she reminded me she wouldn't know since I hadn't blogged about it yet. With some of our tax refund money I got a little spoiled. We got a new table so our entire family can sit around the table and eat together. Yeah! It may be used, but it is new to me and I love it!
Of course looking at the table without my dishes wasn't the same. Yes, I got these too. Now, we all match. Yeah again!

And the lovely place mat in the picture above was sewn on this bad boy. Yep another toy. This one was all Shane. -K- What I am about to tell is to be kept from any of my husbands motorcycle riding friends got it. Shane took part of the money set aside for his motorcycle to buy me my sewing machine. Yeah!
And of course, I have to blog about the one and only thing I wanted with our tax refund money. My mixer. This baby is amazing. I can make 6 loaves of bread. Crush ice in the blender for snow cones. I haven't found anything I can't do with it yet! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Yes, girls have their toys too! These are what my new ones look like. Yes, I am very spoiled!

8 comments:

Alisha said...

Everyone deserves to be spoiled once in a while. you are such a wonderful friend and you are always there for me. I am so glad that for once I could give you something you would like. You totally deserve them. also I LOVE the table!! it looks great!

keri said...

Love the table. How sweet is Alisha to send you flowers. What a great friend. I love the plates and I am totally jealous of the mixer and machine. It is nice to be spoiled once and awhile.

Nate and Sum said...

The flowers look great on your new table. Enjoy all your toys!

Unknown said...

Hey Brandi~ What A SWEET AND THOUGHTFUL FRIEND. The flowers look beautiful. What a great table and how wonderful to sit around it together as a family. Love the place setting and dishes! AND now I want one of those mixers... snow cones for summer.. how nice. Have a good one, Jenn

Hopie said...

You deserve all of it!!!! LOVE the table!!!

Lisa Johnson said...

You are spoiled! But that's ok! Everyone deserves to be spoiled once in a while! BTW: I love your plates!

Lindsay said...

i am jealous!

Raelene said...

I'd say you were super spoiled!! you deserve it though! I agree, girls need their toys too!! I would want exactly the same things you did!! : ) I love the dishes and the table!