Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pine Wood Derby

This was an important year for the Pinewood Derby. First, it was Trey's last year. Second, his first 2 years his car didn't finish. :( Yes, I helped him the first year. Second year I wasn't allowed near the car. Something about the axles not being square? Anyhow he needed to at least finish! Not only did he finish he got 3rd place! Yeah Trey!
The line up!

We had a few that needed help making weight! So some of the Dad's stepped into help.

The boys lining their cars up on the tracks!

The tracks! We rent this track from Micheal Moss, and his family. They are great and do a wonderful job! We had cars finishing within a 10th of a second from another. To close for me to call!

Trey waiting at the bottom of the tracks for his car. He had such a good time!

This is where I am a bad mom. I am just now realizing I didn't take any pictures of him with his car or awards. Oh well, I guess I will do that tomorrow.
Thank you to all the wonderful leaders. Without you I could never have pulled this off!

4 comments:

keri said...

Great Job Trey. Brandi the pine wood Derby was great. Thanks for all you do with scouts. I think you need to stay in for many many years.

Trista said...

What's better than a great pinewood derby! Good times.

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

Fun.
Those tracks are very cool. We use them too.

Kendra said...

Wow. Keri doesn't like you. JK the derby was great!