Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Potty Training Nightmare!!!!!!!


I have been trying to potty train Kailin. Big problem she will only do it if it is her idea. On Monday I decided to bribe her. Yes, I said bribe! If she was dry when I checked her or she went in the potty she would get a potty treat. First thing she goes and all is looking well. She gets her treat and a sippie with apple juice. After about the 10th sippie of juice and potty treat I couldn't believe she was still dry and in the same panties. So I decided to check the bathroom to see if maybe she was going on her own. Oh, yes she was! I found 4 pull-ups in the bathroom. She had been going in putting on a pull-up going and then putting her panties back on so she could say she was dry and get a treat! Smart I know that part she gets from me.

So yesterday I put her in a pull-up and tell when there are no more pull-ups she has to wear panties. Last night we went to my mother-in-laws to watch the Biggest Loser (GO Blaine and Dane!) Kailin got in trouble and I made her sit in time out.(that she gets from her father) I noticed for the first time that she was in panties! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I took her in to go potty and she did it! Then later my mother-in-law said she smelled something. I checked Brynlee and she was in the clear! Then panic started to set in when I noticed that Kailin was standing by her! So I calmly asked "Kailin are you poopy?" She said "yes" like it was no big deal. Lucky for me I have an awesome mother-in-law and she just laughed. Probably remembering when it was my husband. I think I have given up. If there are any potty training miracle workers out there let me know. I might consider payment! (Come on Grandma you know you could use the cash)

2 comments:

keri said...

I HATE POTTY TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Luck. And I do like chocolate.

Megan said...

If you don't mind me punishing your child, maybe one day we should switch children. Jackson is doing pretty good. If she is like my kids, having some one else show them how to do something, they will be more willing.