Monday, December 29, 2008

A homemade Christmas!

Brynlee's present took the longest, but was the most fun! I made a quiet book for her with tons of fun pages to go through.
Kailin got an apron and hot pad so she can help cook!
Cole got a TEEPEE and army blanket that as you can see he won't let out of his sight.
Trey got a flag football kit so he can play with his friends.
Shane made this beautiful jewelry box for Shaylee. I made jewelry for the inside.
Dresses for the girls.
This year we had a homemade Christmas. It was really fun, but insane. Shane and I were up all hours of the night trying to get everything finished. Pros: I never would have taken the time to stop and make chocolates with Cole. Help Trey learn to sew for Shaylee and make a pinewood derby for Cole. Shane was a part of the making. It was fun! Cons: No sleep for weeks, Spending more money than I normally would have, did I mention no sleep. When we were all done Trey announced we were going to do it every year. Some things yes others NO!

6 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

So glad that you posted 'Your homemade Christmas.'
The smiles on the kids are priceless.

Kimi said...

Brandi it looks like your kids really enjoyed their homemade Christmas. I wish I had the energy to do it, but I'd have to start in January to get it all done, lol

Raelene said...

That is such a good idea with the homemade christmas! you are always doing such creative things. You should send me some of your creativeness!! I love the jewlery box for shaylee, so pretty! Shane did a really good job. We had tons of fun at the party on saturday, thanx for teaching me how to play pirates dice. Now I want to play again!

Becky Seymour said...

When I saw your girls' dresses at church I thought, "If she made those, she is amazing...." Looks like yoU ARE!! Seriously, good job!!! Lucky kids to have a talented mom!

Anonymous said...

That's such a good idea. It's neat to see how it turned out, you guys could open your own store! (Of course, you'd never get to sleep, though)

JeMM said...

The dresses are beautiful!